Zhenya is in Sofia now, I hope everything will be fine.
Zhenya Take care!!! Good Luck in competition!!! Wish You ALL THE BEST!!!
here’s a short interview article and her training video from Sofia
(I had uploaded the training video to youtube )
Translated by google:
Evgenia Kanaeva in Sofia: I hope to have many fans here
Olympic and world champion rhythmic gymnast Evgenia Kanaeva held its formal training in Sofia before the World Cup in Arena Armeec.
Russian player missed the race in Penza (Russia) late last week because of colds. But now Zhenya, as her fans call her, more than motivated to provide the level in front of the Bulgarian audience.
Although not all of she is given to the training of racing carpet Kanaeva stood smiling in front of home media to share his impressions of our country.
- Yes, for the first time in Bulgaria. My impressions are good, beautiful room and the organization level and hopefully do well.
- Last week you had health problems, how you feel now?
- I do not like to talk about my illness, I hope viewers do not see it and not become evident in my performance.I hope to have many fans here.
- What do you remember from the Beijing Olympics?
- The Beijing Olympics was the highlight of my life. One of the most beautiful days in my life because every athlete dreams of participating in the Olympics. That was my dream, as is my second dream, to fall for the second time the Olympic Games. I want to wish all here to experience the same.
- What motivates you after you’ve already won it?
- I do not think about my victories and assessments. I try not to think about it I just think about what I do now and have to think so. I try to please the viewers happy. So I work on myself, trying to cultivate. I wish Bulgarian viewers are happy with our performance. Come support us. I wish them health, happiness and get more pleasure from life.
FIG preview report for this event:
BNT will broadcast this event:
18:15 – 20:30 Groups AA LIVE
23:10 – 00:10 Individuals AA
BNT 1 and BNT World
15:50 – 19:00 /Individual and Group finals LIVE/
08.00-21.00: Training in Arena Armeets and Rakovski
15.30-16.00: Opening ceremony Dundee Cup
16.00-18.15: junior individual – 2 app.
18.30-20.50: seniors individual – 2 app.
10.00-10.20: Dundee Cup, Groups 5 balls
10.30-10.50: Dundee cup, Groups 2 hoops 3 ribbons
11.00-11.15: Dundee cup, award ceremony Groups
13.00-15.20: Sofia World Cup, Individual – hoop and ball
15.30-17.50: Sofia World Cup, Individual – clubs and ribbon
17.50-18.30: Opening ceremony Sofia World Cup
18.30-19.20: World Cup, Groups – 5 balls
19.30-20.20: World Cup, Groups – 2 hoops 3 ribbons
20.30-21.00: Sofia World Cup, award ceremony AA
10.00-12.15: Junior individuals – 2 app.
12.30-14.45: Senior individuals – 2 app.
14.45-15.00: Dundee Cup, award ceremony, Ind.
World Cup Finals
16.00-16.35: Groups – 5 balls
16.35-17.00: Individuals – hoop
17.00-17.25: Individuals – ball
17.25-18.00: Groups – 2+3
18.00-18.35: Clubs Final
18.35-19.00: Ribbon Final
19.10-19.30: Gala and closing ceremony
19.30-20.00: Award Ceremony
Full results book here, pdf 27pages (AA EF senior junior and groups)
(Ganna RIZATDINOVA and Yeon Jae SON both 3rd in ribbon final, strange, no tie breaker’s rule now…)