Original link: http://sportpanorama.by/content/gymnastics/13865/
Some part translation by Tatiana, many Thanks!!!
Interviewer: Which gymnast can you reproach for being too pragmatic?
Derugina: “The best example of that is Evgenia Kanaeva.Of course everyone can just envy how technically correct she execute routines. But her performances are lack of something special, temperament,inspiration which were so common among gymnasts of previous generation. But not everything bad in russian team. Daria D and Daria K are more artistic than Kanaeva. And in general it happens very often that gymnasts who don’t deserve to be in finals get there. After their performance audience is left surprised. You must understand that you can never become an outstanding gymnast only by hard work. And moreover it’s impossible to make people love gymnast who doesn’t have charisma and charm. As result there are practically no more gymnasts like Natalia Godunko, Irina Tchachina, Inna Zhukova… “
Zhenya-Award Ceremony-Woman of the Year-GQ
- Vera Shtelbaums: Zhenya will become mother in the end of March 03/06/2014
- Grand Prix Thiais 2014, 8-9 March 03/05/2014
- Grand Prix Moscow 2014 and YOG qualification, 28th Feb-2nd Mar 02/26/2014
- Russian Youth Championships in Kazan 04-14 Feb 2014 02/06/2014
- Season’s Greetings 12/26/2013
- 2014 RG Calendar (ZKG version) 12/12/2013
- Cup of Russia in Kazan, 05-09 Dec 2013 (individual and group) 12/02/2013
- Though famous coach Vera Shtelbsums wasn’t a co-writer of her autobiografic book, she thanked Leonid Polezhaev for its appearance. 11/30/2013
- Doctors don’t allow Kanaeva to participate in Olympic torch relay 11/28/2013
- 28th Galina Gorenkova Memorial Tournament in OMSK, 27th Nov-1st Dec 2013 11/26/2013