When I came across this article for the first time, I was absolutely fascinated by the living and training conditions provided in Novogorsk Center. I am sure that these facilities are of great use for all the gymnasts who live and train there. Now I want to share this interesting information and pictures with all of you.

Written by Alyona (creative idea by Wan Wan (Zoe)

Educational and training center Novogorsk is situated in one of the most beautiful suburbs of Moscow – town Khimki, very often called Moscow’s Switzerland.
Novogorsk Center is the main base for preparing National Teams of Russia to the largest sportive events. It can accept about 250 sportsmen, coaches, doctors of National Teams simultaneously. The Center has all the facilities for living and training of the sportsmen doing thirty two different sports, including basketball, volleyball, figure skating, rhythmic gymnastics (individual and groups) and many others.

On the territory of Novogorsk Center there are two sport and rehabilitation complexes, an administrative building, football fields, parking areas. Sportsmen are welcomed and served by hospitable staff members, and all the facilities are provided for them to achieve the highest results on the national and international levels.

Living and accommodation

Administration of Novogorsk Center, available 24 hours a day, meet the sportsmen with hospitality and offers accommodation in comfortable living blocks, consisting of double or triple rooms. All the rooms and halls are furnished in the way to provide the best possible rest after hard trainings. Living blocks are connected with training complexes, rehabilitation rooms and a canteen.

Sport facilities

At sportsmen’s disposal there are:
three universal sport halls of international level;
mirror hall for choreography lessons;
fitness centers with modern equipment;
three football field;
ice skating ring;
shooting area with unique electronic equipment;
swimming pool;
four class rooms for theoretical lessons;
conference hall for 200 people.

Well-equipped canteen offers four time nourishment considering recommendations of doctors and coaches of National Teams and peculiarities of National cuisines of different countries.

Rehabilitation Center

It offers restoring procedures for sportsmen after hard training period or when being injured. Rehabilitation center consists of:
heated swimming pool 25 square meters;
Finnish Saunas with mini pools providing hydro massage;
Infrared sauna;
Physiotherapy rooms.

Official Website:

Check photos of Novogorsk Training Center here:
Novogorsk Photos Gallery
Here’s a video about “Novogorsk Training Center

Chinese translated by Zoe Wan

教育跟訓練中心-Novogorsk座落於莫斯科最美麗的郊區之一 Khimki鎮。這裡經常被稱呼為「莫斯科的瑞士」。
中心是俄羅斯國家隊準備最大型運動比賽的主要訓練場地。它可以同時容納250名國家隊的運動員、教練、跟隊醫。這個中心的設備提供給32種不同項目的運動員在裡頭生活跟訓練,包括籃球、排球、花式溜冰、韻律體操 (包含個人跟團體)及很多其他項目。

訓練中心的行政部門提供一天24 小時服務。他們殷勤款待運動員且在由2人或3人房組成的舒適生活區提供住宿。所有房間跟大廳的裝置都是要讓運動員在辛苦的訓練後能得到最充份的休息。生活區跟複合式訓練中心、復健中心以及食堂是相連的。

Novogorsk Photos Gallery

This entry was posted in Russian Culture. Bookmark the permalink.

1. ZKG-Zoe Wan says:

1. This is a fans website devoted to Evgeniya Kanaeva not a gymnastics training center. This article is just to introduce the Russian training center “Novogorsk” where the Russian RG national team trains there. If you want to send your daughter to Novogorsk, please contact Russian RG Federation. This is their website: http://www.vfrg.ru/ E-mail: vfrg@roc.ru
    2. This is the website of Novogorsk Training Center: http://www.novogorsksport.ru/ Please google the map. Sorry I don’t know how to get there. I have never traveled Russia.
    3. I can’t help sorry…I am Taiwanese and I am just a RG fan.

2. Kavita says:

My name is Kavita and i am from India. My daughter who is 13 is a rhythmic gymnast.
    1. I am interested in sending her for training to your center. What is the process and cost?
    2. I am travelling to Moscow next week ( June 10-17th) how do i reach the center from Moscow?
    3. I want to buy a leotard in moscow or St petersburg. Can you help me get an address

3. ZKG-Zoe Wan says:

@Shannon_Tan, sorry I don’t know. I am not Son’s fan, you should ask this question in her fans pages or her fans websites.

4. Shannon_Tan says:

how to contacr her agency ?

5. ZKG-Zoe Wan says:

@Richard, sorry I don’t know, I have never been to Novogorsk.
    I think Son spends more time in Korea than in Russia, and I read news she just returned to Korea after worlds. Plus She has many public appearance, you have many chances to give her letter in Korea or like I said send to her agency. I don’t know why you insist on sending to Novogorsk…this is less reliable way IMO.

6. Richard says:

Hi, I am going to Europe by plane via Russia. I’m going to transfer at a airport near Novogorsk training center. It takes about 30minutes by car to get there. If I bring a letter and give it to the guard(if there is), will he give the letter to SonYeonjae? You said the post system in Russia is very unreliable so I’d like to go there myself. Will it be possible? I’m not expecting to see her. I just want the guard to deliver it to her.

7. Richard says:

Aha. Thank you very much for such a kind answer. I’ll try both! Thanks a lot again ;)

8. ZKG-Zoe Wan says:

You live in Korea right? Well Son will return to Korea, she is not in Russia all the year….I can tell you, the post system of Russia is very unreliable. Son has agency, not like other gymnasts, I think there is a someone to take care of fans letter, that’s why I suggest you to contact with her agency.

9. Richard says:

But most of the competitions are held abroad.
    And it’s fine. I just want to know if the centre blocks all the letters. I hope they don’t..
    Sorry for asking difficult questions. ;(

10. ZKG-Zoe Wan says:

@Richard, sorry I don’t know…why don’t you contact with her agency?…well the safest way is going to the competitions and meet her…

11. Richard says:

Hi, I’m a big fan of rhythmic gymnast Son Yeon Jae. I’d like to send a letter to her, but I’m quite worried the centre might not forward my letter to her. Could there be any possible ways to make the letter be safely delivered to her?

12. m_nn says:

13. Wan and catts says:

Added chinese translation/ 加上中文翻譯

14. SUMI says:

Thank you!!!>.<

15. Steven says:

可以請問板大妳去年第一次寫信寄禮物給Zhenya的時候是用左邊Relative Links裡的Novogorsk Training Centre寄的嗎因為寒假到了我想利用這寒假的空檔寄封信給Zhenya跟她說聲Hi~~ ^ ^

16. says:

17. Wan and catts says:

Many Thanks Alyona! May You Have a Nice Day :) GOD Bless YOU!